Coloplast drives global growth and performance with supported from SAP SuccessFactors
Coloplast went live with SuccessFactors performance management to over 4500 employees in +30 countries and achieved a 50% rate of engagement within 2 weeks of going live and have now achieved a 100% rate of engagement within 3 months of go live (engagement defined as launching the performance form locally to kick off the processes).
“Not only did we meet our strategic objectives for the project, the organisation really appreciated the ease and user-friendliness of the system” says Dinusha De Silva-Parker, Head of Global HR Organisational Development
Coloplast have worked intensively over the past few years and embedded a strong culture of performance management and needed a global system solution to:
- Drive global transparency and benchmarking
- Enable managers to have one solution for performance related information
- Deliver accurate, timely and informed people insights
- Offer one consolidated system and uniform structure to facilitate Coloplast’s performance management framework, known as their People Cycle
Coloplast is also growing on a global scale and needed a global recruitment solution to:
- Drive a simple recruitment process that was user friendly for both applicants and managers at Coloplast
- Support Coloplast branding and value proposition to attract the best talent
- Optimise internal resources in regards to the recruitment process
- Provide a one stop portal for our managers through the recruitment and performance management processes
Effective-People have been the partner to Coloplast during the implementation of the modules associated with recruitment and performance. We have delivered the projects on time and on budget and Coloplast have rolled out to + 30 countries in 7 languages.
Coloplast conducted a thorough RFP process and Effective-People was chosen as the preferred vendor of HRIS software and implementation. The software chosen was SuccessFactors. The implementation project kicked-off in June 2013 and went live 1st quarter of 2014 with Goal & Performance Management in +30 countries. Calibration and 360 was rolled out in Q3 of 2013-14.
The project is sponsored, owned and managed by Coloplast Global HR and Corporate IT with a lean and flat governance structure. The project was managed as a global project from Humlebæk with a small team of HR project members. They came from several countries in which Coloplast operates covering the sales, marketing and manufacturing areas and worked closely with the IT team from integration and project support.
The SuccessFactors solution covers the following processes:
- Goal Management
- Performance Management
During summer 2014 Coloplast decided to implement and roll out SuccessFactors Learning as well.
The project was successfully implemented on time and budget. The KPI’s of the project was:
- Increase PDP compliance from 80% in 2012 to 95% in 2013.
- Increase global People Review transparency from 50% in 2012 to 80% in 2013.
- Increase global transparency of people talent pipeline (High Performance & High Performers with Potential) for level D & E grades from 80% in 2012 to 100% in 2014
All KPI’s have been met and in some cases exceeded.
SuccessFactors was new to the organisation and some of the flow of the processes were optimised during the implementation. Therefore, the change impact on the organisation was significant and this was managed carefully by Coloplast Global HR. They used HR business partners in countries and business units to implement the solution locally. Provided tailor made training material that could be easily translated, an identical test instance that allowed for training and set up 5 training hubs globally for over 45 HR business partners so that they could learn the system together, spar and engage in discussions to execute with best practise.
A small selection of the feedback they have received from their global organisation since fully rolling out all the performance processes in SuccessFactors:
- Simple system!
- The managers will love the time it saves them at PDP
- Really simple workflow to understand for our entire PM process
- All of you in the project team should be very proud…you have given us a great system that is so well received by managers
- It is reassuring to know that all this information in now in one place
Coloplast develops products and services that make life easier for people with very personal and private medical conditions. Working closely with the people who use our products, Coloplast create solutions that are sensitive to their special needs. The business includes ostomy care, urology and continence care, and wound and skin care. The business operate globally, employing more than 8,500 people.
For information on how Effective-People helped Coloplast please contact Mikkel Krogsdal.